Palmares Resort (Lagos | Algarve) → 2003-2020
Successful case as investor, developer and operator of an integrated resort (200 hectares) .
Investment Rational: Replicating in the Algarve the know-how Onyria obtained developing the Quinta da Marinha Resort.
Investment & Promotion
- 2003-2007: Monitoring of the construction feasibility in the Meia-Praia area (pending for over 30 years).
- 2004-2008: Licensing of the allotment project.
- 2009: Launch of infrastructures.
- 2010-2011: Opening of the new 27-hole golf course designed by Trent Jones Jr.
- 2012-2018: Achievement of multiple golf international awards (including 7x Best Golf course in Portugal).
- 2012-2019: Growth from 35,000 to 55,000 rounds and largely exceeding gross operational profit benchmarks.
- 2017: Opening of a five-star boutique hotel with 20 bedrooms. Investment per room highly efficient compared with industry standards.
- 2018: Booking.com rating 9,4; TripAdvisor: “Portugal Top 10 Small Hotels” & “Top 20 Luxury Hotels”.
- 2018: Annual average (12-months) occupation +70%, generating positive gross operational profits since opening year, with substantial continuous growth.
- 2011-2019: 25 plots for villas sold to individual clients, in an initial resort infrastructure phase, for an average price of 1M€ aprox.
- 2017: 90% capital sale to large US Investment Fund. Entering into a Golf & Hotel Management Contract.
- 2019-2020: 10% capital sale to the same Investment Fund. Termination of Onyria’s Management Contract (June 2020).